: [sc34wg3] New JTC1 Directives

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue Mar 7 21:17:17 EST 2006

 About the only potential non-ISO sources that I can think we'd want to
reference are the W3C and OASIS. OASIS is already certified as a PAS
submitter by JTC1 (valid through 2007). Both OASIS and W3C have liaison =
with
JTC1, and OASIS has specific liaison with SC34 that covers all our =
projects.
Those facts ought to be of some use in certifying those sources as AROs =
under
the new JTC1 Procedures.=20

I think we should follow up on Martin Bryan's suggestion and move =
quickly to
get both OASIS and the W3C on our approved list.

Jim Mason
SC34 Chairman

-----Original Message-----
From: sc34wg3-admin@isotopicmaps.org =
[mailto:sc34wg3-admin@isotopicmaps.org]
On Behalf Of G. Ken Holman - ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretary
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:17 AM
To: sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Subject: Re: [sc34wg3] New JTC1 Directives

At 2006-03-07 07:51 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>I am sure everyone noticed Ken pointing out the new JTC1 directives in=20
>his most recent report.
>You can obtain JTC001-N-8105 from http://www.jtc1.org. (It was released =

>yesterday.)

A copy is also available on as SC34N0719 in our document repository:

   http://www.jtc1sc34.org/repository/0719c.htm

Note that it has already been brought to our attention that the editors
ambiguously left the identification of the document as version 1.0 =
though it
is an obvious edit of the earlier 1.0 edition.

--

G. Ken Holman                    Crane Softwrights Ltd.
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretariat  Standards Council of Canada