[sc34wg3] Comments on XTM 2.0

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:12:55 +0100

I would like to remind everyone that we want 13250-3 to go to
FDIS on March 1st. So far there have only been two sets of
comments. Please take a careful look at the draft and see if
you have anything to add, and please make your position known
on the comments received so far, so that the editors can
start to make any changes that are necessary.

Remember, we are defining the interchange syntax. In some
ways this is the most visible part of the whole standard, so
make sure you are happy with the result!

The comments so far are:

  1. Version number should be 2.0
  2. GI for names should be <name>, not <topicName>
  3. Error in DTD (content model of topicName)
  4. Added scope on <mergeMap> should be reinstated

The first three of these are in my email, attached below.
The fourth was the subject of a protracted discusion on
the mailing list under the heading "Removing added scope
from <mergeMap>". See the archives at
http://www.isotopicmaps.org/pipermail/sc34wg3/2006-January/subject.html
for the full discussion.

Please make your views known as soon as possible!

The text is at http://www.isotopicmaps.org/sam/sam-xtm/.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>