[sc34wg3] www.topicmaps.com (and topicmaps.org)

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:11:51 +0200

* Jack Park

| [...] I am quite amazed at the blog entry referenced by Lars-Marius
| to the topic maps list, the entry in which XTM is referenced, and in
| which the notion of XML topic maps come into question. I cannot help
| but think that the topic maps community is giving the world all the
| appearances of a terribly dysfunctional family.

What do you mean? I thought it was generally accepted and agreed
within the Topic Maps community that XTM is just the syntax, and that
Topic Maps is something else. (This regardless of which of the TM?M
camps one might belong to.)

If you think I wrote something wrong or unfortunate I'd be interested
to hear what and why. I may have been unclear, and this is something
I'd really like to see straightened out once and for all, so any help
in that would be very welcome.