[sc34wg3] TR: comment - RDFTM: Survey of Interoperability Proposals

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:51:40 +0100

* Peter F. Patel-Schneider

| I have been unable to find a formal, agreed-on document that tells
| me what a Topic Map data structure means, what makes a legal Topic
| Map data structure, or when do two Topic Map data structures mean
| the same thing.  (I use data structure here instead of document to
| make it clear that I am not interested in the surface syntax of a
| Topic Map document.)

This is what the TMDM[1] is meant to do. I seem to recall you wrote
that you were already aware of this document, which makes me wonder in
what way you think fails to perform these functions?

[1] <URL: http://www.isotopicmaps.org/sam/sam-model/ >