Updated answer, Re: [sc34wg3] TMRM v6.0 comments

Nikita Ogievetsky sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:51:54 -0400

Patrick,

Thank you for trying to help. But...

Per my understanding \what is attempted there is the following:
(I replaced sigma with Sumx, etc. as I do not have Greek characters, and
used "n" instead of "l")

Given two tuples:
S1=Sum j(rj)=Sum j(<v1j,v2j...vnj>)
S2=Sum i(ti)=Sum i(<x1i,x2i...xni>)
r and t denote tuples, v and x denote values.

You arrive at:
S1*S2 = Sum i(ti)* Sum j(rj)
= Sum i(ti) * Sum j(<v1j,v2j...vnj>)
= Sum i(ti) * Sum j(<v1j><v2j...vnj>)
= Sum i(ti) * Sum j(<v1j>)
= Sum j,i(ti<vj>)

1) How is it that
Sum j(<x1j,x2j...xnj>) = <x1j>*Sum j(<x2j...xnj>)?
It is sum, not product, right?

2) Why is <v2j...vnj> ignored?
3) If it is ignorable, why don't you ignore <x2j...xnj> and arrive at even
simple conclusion that:

S1*S2 = Sum j,i(<xi><vj>)

These do not make sense to me so far. Perhaps I do not understand
notations...

Have to run...

Thanks,

--Nikita

PS:
Sorry I will not be in Montreal...
Wish all to have a very productive meeting.