[sc34wg3] Montreal meeting: Final details

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:29:25 +0200

The meetings will take place July 28-31 in the Paradiso room
at the Hotel Europa. Meeting times will be 09.00-17.00 for the
most part, although attendees may decide to start an hour later
on the Sunday.

Unfortunately I will not be able to join you this time so I ask
that the meeting nominates someone as acting convenor for the
duration. I am aware that both Lars Marius and Patrick will be
present on all four days, so I leave primary responsibility in
their capable hands. Editors should ensure that a summary is
published of the decisions taken at each session.

The exact agenda will be decided by the attendees at the start
of the meeting on Thursday 28th so if you want to influence it,
be there at 9am prompt! Project editors have informed me of the
following constraints:

* Steve Newcomb is only present on July 31 (so Sunday should be
  the TMRM day)
* Robert Barta is only present on July 30-31 (so Saturday should
  be TMQL day)

The main topics for Thursday and Friday should therefore be:

* TMDM (4 hours requested)
* XTM (1 hour requested)
* TMCL (whole day?)

In addition, Gabriel and Sam are preparing a 1-2 discussion on
CTM (Compact Topic Maps Syntax) to be led by Sam. The bulk of
this discussion could take place on Thursday or Friday, but
some of it could recapitulated with Robert present on Saturday.

The setup, content, and maintenance of www.topicmaps.com and
psi.topicmaps.com should also be discussed, probably together
with TMDM and XTM.

CXTM will not be on the agenda since the new editors are still
finding their feet.

I wish you an interesting and constructive discussion and look
forward to seeing the results.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>