[sc34wg3] Merging/Viewing subject proxies

Jan Algermissen sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:53:45 +0200

On Jul 26, 2005, at 10:26 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Not sure how you got from "fixed set of disclosures" to "do not
> enable the definition of user defined disclosure"? A fixed set of
> disclosures sets the operations that an application will support,
> doesn't say anything about what a user may or may not do in that
> context.

It implies to me that a user may not define her own properties with
whatever value types and whatever merging rules and 'value-merging
constraints'. If a user was allowed to do that, the application would
have to be generic for that part.

Jan

Jan Algermissen, Consultant & Programmer
http://jalgermissen.com
Tugboat Consulting, 'Applying Web technology to enterprise IT'
http://www.tugboat.de