[sc34wg3] E-mail addresses for WG3 mail

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:51:50 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C58E03.BA529ED6

Please help us with the WG3 e-mail system. It's best if you stick to one
e-mail address for posting. If you're going to subscribe to read under =
more
than one name, that's OK. But posting is separate from subscribing to =
read.
If you've been given authorization to post from one e-mail account and =
you're
reading from another and just decide to reply to something, your reply =
is
probably going to /dev/null.=20

We routinely purge whatever's not recognized. Since what comes in
unrecognized is 99.99% spam, we purge the whole thing with a script. =
That
means your message in the 0.01% is probably not going to be recognized =
and
will go out with the trash.

Just this morning I happened to see postings from a couple of people =
using
alternate accounts and approved them. But they were lucky. Most days =
they'd
go in the bit bucket.

If you really want to post from more than one account (LGM is really bad
about that), please let us know so we can put them all in.

Thanks,

Jim

------_=_NextPart_001_01C58E03.BA529ED6

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>E-mail addresses for WG3 mail</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Please help us with the WG3 e-mail =
system. It's best if you stick to one e-mail address for posting. If =
you're going to subscribe to read under more than one name, that's OK. =
But posting is separate from subscribing to read. If you've been given =
authorization to post from one e-mail account and you're reading from =
another and just decide to reply to something, your reply is probably =
going to /dev/null. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We routinely purge whatever's not =
recognized. Since what comes in unrecognized is 99.99% spam, we purge =
the whole thing with a script. That means your message in the 0.01% is =
probably not going to be recognized and will go out with the =
trash.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Just this morning I happened to see =
postings from a couple of people using alternate accounts and approved =
them. But they were lucky. Most days they'd go in the bit =
bucket.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If you really want to post from more =
than one account (LGM is really bad about that), please let us know so =
we can put them all in.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jim</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C58E03.BA529ED6--