xml:id RE: [sc34wg3] Compact syntax requirement question

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:58:35 -0400

\rho wrote: James,

My view is that it is actually not worth the time to fight CTM through =
in
this committee if there is not an apriori understanding that

   (a) these shorthand exist with good reason, and
   (b) will stay, because people just use it,
   (c) and should therefore be standardized.

If it does not happen inside WG3, then it will then most probably happen
outside, either as industry standard or hosted by someone else. =
Suboptimal
choice, but...

\rho

I agree, except that we need to be clear about what sort of "people" =
will use
it. See my latest posting.

Jim