[sc34wg3] Compact syntax requirement question

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:12:42 +0200

Another email from Gabriel.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gabriel Hopmans <gabriel.hopmans@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 21, 2005 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: xml:id RE: [sc34wg3] Compact syntax requirement question
To: sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org

Hello Bernard and all,

Talking about diplomatic Bernard I think you indeed seem to lost the
thread because several of your points are conflicting statement or not
relevant to the discussion.

Lars Marius wrote earlier also about the relevance of the CTM syntax
in relation TMQL and TMCL. It is amonst others here where without a
standardisation effort achieving intereroperability easily can fail.
For this initial work on CTM it is important to find requirements and
evaluations from the user community. So it would be nice to find
postings that are more about that.
At the moment we have more then enough discussion material why CTM is
useful or not ;-)

It might be helpful to have a look at the TMCL and TMQL presentations.
See for instance:
http://topicmaps.it.bond.edu.au/weblogs.mc

Thank your and best regards,

Gabriel