xml:id RE: [sc34wg3] Compact syntax requirement question

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:06:16 +0200

* Jirka Kosek

| I think that important requirement is to have 1:1 mapping between
| CTM and XTM.

Hmmm. This can be interpreted two ways, I think. Do you mean a 1:1
syntactical mapping, so that they have the same syntactical structure,
or that both should be able to fully represent TMDM?

| IMHO there should be also escape mechanism (like [...] in RELAX NG
| compact syntax) which is able to serialize arbitrary XML content
| that is outside of XTM namespace (e.g. documentation).

This is needed to fully support TMDM, now that we have support for
embedded markup, and so I agree that this is another thing that should
go into CTM.