[sc34wg3] Re: Reducing redundant constructs

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:15:50 -0400

Lars,

Yes, set theory does say exactly what you have recited below.

The question is: What is the "set" in question.

If it is only the set of values, then yes, your reading is correct.

If the set in question is an identifier, plus a set of values, then the
fact that sets of values are "identical" does not lead to the same
result.  At least if the identifiers are different. If they are the
same, then again, you are correct.

That may not get us any closer to agreement but it is now clear what I
am contending?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--