[sc34wg3] CXTM: -reifier- and -reified-

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:16:04 +0100

(Written by, and posted on behalf of, Eirik Opland (from Ontopia), who
is subscribed to the list, but apparently not allowed to post.)

I am implementing the latest specification of CXTM, and have a couple of
questions.

The RELAX-NG Compact Syntax Schema contains the following rules:

attlist.reifier &= attribute reifier { xsd:integer }?
attlist.reified &= attribute reified { text }?

I assume that 'xsd:integer' is meant to be the sorted index of the
reifying topic as defined in 5.3 of the CXTM-specification. I find no
clear indication of this connection in the document. Is my assumption
correct?

What is the 'text' in attlist.reified. I'm assuming that the reified
property should lists all elements that are reified by this topic. How
should these be addressed?

To me it also looks as if '&=' could be replaced by just '=' without loss
in the above rules. What is the significance of the '&'s here?

Lastly, why is it necessary to both specify on each topic which elements
have been reified by that particular topic and at the same time specify on
each element which topic(s) reify that element. It looks to me like
unnecessary duplication, and that it would suffice with either a reifier
or a reified property. I would be keen to understand the use of this.