[sc34wg3] Fwd: CONTEXT-05: Call for Papers (3)

Murray Altheim sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:14:27 +0000

All,

After reading Bernard's recent posting, I thought I'd forward this
announcement on to this list. I'm very much in agreement with him
on the issues of subject identity, and my own research into the
subject supports the notion of a "quantum identity", one based very
much on the notions of subjective context and interpretation. If
one moves away from an objective, Platonic view of reality, then
subject-ivity must follow. I think this must be reflected in the
approach to our artificial (i.e., non-innate) representations of
knowledge and information.

This actually ties in quite strongly with my own research into
Faceted Classification, where facets are individually bound by
the constraints of their placement within a matric or network of
related ideas. (I'm extending the notion of FC beyond what is
current, where facets are part of a simple hierarchy, and are
rather part of a graph, which happens to be easily represented
as a Topic Map graph, given its ability to support contexts via
scoping.)

Murray