[sc34wg3] Re: TMDM comments

Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:54:53 +0100

* Lars Heuer

> I think the equality rules are important and every now and then I try
> to refer to them with a URI. But especially the equality rule for
> topics is far behind the (addressable) topic properties. Well, not
> really far, but you've to scroll sometimes.
> Anyway I think it would be nice if such such an important thing is
> directly addressable.

You mean if there was a direct link there? Hmmmmm. If I change the
RELAX-NG schema, the stylesheet, and put in anchors, there would be
points to link to, even if those points didn't appear in the ToC.
Would that work for you?

> [topic equality rule]
>
> Yes. But I found it a bit inconsistent. Anyway, the information is
> there, but the form is inconsistent. :)

I think the inconsistency is only apparent. For a topic name, which
topic it belongs to is part of the identity of the topic name, since
you obviously can't merge all topic names of the default type in
unconstrained scope and with the string value "Robert". You can only
merge them if they belong to the same topic, and in fact, you can
only say they are equal if they belong to the same topic. This
doesn't apply to topics, which have a global identity, so I think the
current text makes sense.

--
Lars Marius Garshol, Ontopian                  http://www.ontopia.net
+47 98 21 55 50                                http://