[sc34wg3] An article regarding unique IDs

G. Ken Holman - ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretary sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:58:39 -0500

Hello all,

I subscribe to an email newsletter written by David Weinberger.  He
is the author of a number of books including "Small Pieces Loosely
Joined: A Unified Theory of the Web" and "The Cluetrain Manifesto:
The End of Business as Usual".

Aside from some very interesting and enjoyable humour, I believe he
has an insightful perspective of the web, the technology of the web,
and the society of the web.

This month's issue has a very interesting article on unique identifiers:

   http://www.hyperorg.com/backissues/joho-dec05-05.html

In it I see references to unique identification projects of which
I've never heard.

I've since written him to bring his attention to Published Subjects
so that perhaps he might include reference to them in the book he is writing.

I thought I'd bring the article to WG3's attention in case any member
would also find his article of interest.

And it's my chance to wish everyone a very enjoyable holiday, and a
happy, healthy and successful new year!

--

G. Ken Holman                    Crane Softwrights Ltd.
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretariat  Standards Council of Canada