[sc34wg3] Reference Model Worshop

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 22 May 2004 16:39:49 -0400

Greetings!

We agreed to have a reference model workshop in connection with the
Extreme Markup conference but left the details a little loose.

As I recall, we want to go for two (2) days and the original suggestion
was that we start on 31 July. I understand now that 1 August might be
better due to travel conflicts.

My suggestion is that even though this will not be a full WG3 meeting,
that we adhere to the normal meeting document submission requirements
and so let's agree that all documents must be sumitted to the
Secretariat (that is Ken Holman you know) no later than 1 July.
Obviously, responses or comments on documents from others, as far in
advance of the meeting as possible.

Note that preparation for the meeting will be assumed by all
participants, that is anyone attending will have read the papers and be
prepared to discuss the substantive content of them.

Please respond to the list concerning your intention to attend the
reference model workshop beginning either 31 July or 1 August with a
note on your preference.

A note to those who cannot attend in person: Please do not be shy about
submitting papers, or comments on papers for the meeting. The more input
that we get, the stronger the outcome of this meeting will be for the
entire standard.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--