[sc34wg3] Documenting merging rules in TMDM .. and unmerging too

Bernard Vatant sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:39:03 +0100

Ann

Declarative semantics vs operational semantics of "sameness" is exactly what I am about.
Thanks for having put names on those subjects :))

And to answer the final (BV?), yes, my view is that the standard should define the
declarative semantics (subject identity), and be agnostic about the operational ones
(merging, mapping, whatever). Although it could provide non-normative best practices about
the latter.

Bernard

Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant