[sc34wg3] Documenting merging rules in TMDM

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:09:00 +0100

* Kal:

| > Hmm. This seems like a different use case than the ones I posted.
| > Mine all equate to "if X is true of both A and B". Can you give
| > a concrete example where you would need Y as well?
| >

| if X==Y, then we are at the same point. An example might be explicit
| merging rules for two topic maps where I know that the author of one
| used a scoped base name for a uniquely identifying name and the author
| of the other used a variant name with parameters for the uniquely
| identifying name (or even used a specific typed occurrence!)

Ah, I get it. The criteria are different but the value they
produce is the same. That *is* different from any of my examples,
so how about:

R6  Merge topics where one topic has a name in the scope
    "X" and the other has a name of type "X" that is
    identical.

as an example?

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>