[sc34wg3] FW: XML Europe RDF/Topic Maps workshop

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:59:30 +0100

FYI, I have sent the following note to Brian Matthews regarding
the proposed RDF/TM workshop, urging him to move it to Monday
April 19th.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Pepper [mailto:pepper@ontopia.net]
Sent: 10. mars 2004 10:57
To: Matthews, BM (Brian)
Cc: danbri@w3.org; Geoff Williams; a.m.wrightson@bcs.org.uk; Maurice
Swain; adrian.kent@e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk; francis@franciscave.com;
moore@ontopia.net; 'Martin Bryan'; 'Alex Brown'; Lars Marius Garshol
Subject: RE: XML Europe RDF/Topic Maps workshop

Hi Brian,

Thanks for taking the initiative for an RDF/Topic Maps workshop.

As you probably know, this is something my colleagues and I (in
particular Lars Marius Garshol and Graham Moore) have done a lot
of work on. We are therefore very interested in participating.

Unfortunately, we will all be busy with tutorials and ISO
meetings on Sunday April 18th. I would therefore like to urge
you to consider moving the meeting to Monday 19th. I believe
we can make substantial progress that will benefit both
communities if we are able to get the right people in the room
together. From the topic maps side, the most important person
is undoubtedly Lars Marius, who has written numerous important
papers and implemented RDF/TM interoperability in a commercial
product. It would render the workshop almost meaningless if he
were not able to attend.

Best regards,

Steve

--