[sc34wg3] Proposed Agenda for Reference Model Workshop

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:50:07 -0400

Greetings!

Hurriedly as I am finishing packing for the trip to Montreal:

Suggest (subject to item #1) the following agenda for the reference
model workshop:

Saturday:

9:00 AM

1. Approval of agenda

2. Presentation of proposed models (dividing the time remaining until
noon equally between the proposals, Newcomb/Durusau, Garshol, Barta, Dmitry)

My thinking here is that each presentation should focus on the model
being presented.

Noon-1:30 PM Lunch

1:30 - 5 PM

3. Discussion of reference model requirements

My thinking here is that the prior discussion of the various proposals
will give us a framework within which to discuss actual requirements, as
opposed to discussing them completely in the abstract.

Sunday:

9:00 AM - Noon

Comparison of the results of the requirements discussion to the various
models, lead serially by the proponents of the various models.

Noon-1:30 PM Lunch

1:30 PM - 3:00 PM

Formulation of next steps towards a reference model (One of the things
we have been lacking as the result of prior meetings is some specific
steps that will take us to the next stage.)

3:00 - 5:00 PM

Presentation of the OMG model for the TMDM

My thinking here is that it will give us something to look forward to as
the end of the meeting and allow us to conclude on a high note. While
Lars and I disagree on some fundamental issues, be aware that I do think
the TMDM is important and my disagreements are about its place in the
topic maps paradigm and not disagreement about the importance of data
models.

Will be offline the rest of the day traveling.

Should be able to pick up discussion in the AM tomorrow (Montreal time).

Hope everyone is at the start of a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development