[sc34wg3] More comments on the Tau model

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:08:13 +0200

Having had time to digest the Tau model better a couple of questions
came to me yesterday.

Unless associations are members of /N/ (which I don't think they are)
they cannot play parts in assertions in the Tau model, which means
that reification is out.

The other problem is that it doesn't appear that members are members
of /N/ either, which means that members cannot be reified, either.
Further, even if they could simply putting <r, p> into the p position
of some member would not carry the full identity of the member into
that assertion, since which assertion the member belongs to would not
be clear, and so this would mean that reifying members in this model
is going to be very hard.

This need not be catastrophic, but I do think it means that
representing TMDM in this model may not be as simple as it seems.
That's one exercise I'd very much like to see the author perform. :)