[sc34wg3] And yet another...

Robert Barta sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:30:31 +1000

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 09:48:13AM +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> I've written up and published my proposal for a foundational model for
> topic maps.

Lars,

Part IV (last one)

- You write that

      This proposal originally came out of the author's search for an
      efficient representation of topic maps....

  Do you regard an FM-like representation as an efficient one?

- You write that

      The definition will probably live in a corner of the TMQL
      specification and be part of the machinery used to define TMQL
      without the model itself being normative in any real
      sense. Further, TMCL can then use bits from the TMQL
      specification (the model, the vocabulary, the semantics) for its
      own purposes.

  Should not be this

     EITHER completely INSIDE TMQL
     OR factored out and USED by both, TMQL and TMCL

  ?

  [ Here I refer to the diagram which I have sent to Ann, Steve P. and others
    about my suggestions on the arrangement of the standards. ]

\rho