[sc34wg3] Look Ma! No Properties!

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:08:11 -0400

Robert,

Thought we might better start with a clean sheet of paper! ;-)

Ok, the \tau model has no properties.

So, I assume that properties will either appear later in the \tau model
or as some other part the topic map standard.

Realize that time is short but I want to make sure I understand how the
\tau model eventually arrives at/supports what we have been calling
properties in the TMRM.

I am assuming that even though you don't have properties in the \tau,
you are not saying that at some less abstract level you would not have
properties? Or are you?

What is puzzling to a degree, assuming you have the time to address the
first issue, is where are topics/subjects, etc., those pesky things that
have littered this list in the \tau. That is probably asking too much
but even non-wellformed, well I do like overlapping markup after all,
thoughts would be appreciated.

I am more interested in understanding what you are trying to say or go
with the \tau model than arguing about implementation issues. (Sorry
Jan. They are very important but if we can't communicate, we won't have
implemenation issues to worry about.)

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--