[sc34wg3] Pre-publication draft of XTM 1.1 CD

Geir Ove Grønmo sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:54:23 +0100

* Lars Marius Garshol
| Graham and I have finally produced the pre-publication draft of the
| XTM 1.1 CD, which you can find at:

| It would be great if those of you who have the time and interest could
| review it, and post comments. We expect to publish the official CD
| (with whatever modifications turn out to be necessary) early next week.

I have a comment on the section called "5.16 The member element":

| If the member element has an id and no more than one topicRef,
| subjectIndicatorRef, resourceRef child, a locator item is created, as
| defined in 5.3.2, and added to the [source locators] property of the
| association role item.

Actually a better alternative here is to make use of the 'id' attributes
of the topicRef, subjectIndicatorRef, resourceRef sub-elements. If one
did this one would be able to create a source locators for all the
association roles built from a member element - if there is an 'id'
attribute available that is. The 'id' attribute on the member attribute
can then either be dropped entirely or used as a fallback. My preference
is to skip it.

Geir O.