[sc34wg3] Schedule of SC34 WG3 meetings at XML Europe?

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:16:32 -0500

Steve,

Steve Pepper wrote:
> * Patrick:
>
> | Perhaps the potential attendees could indicate whether they could attend
> | following XML Europe as easily as prior to XML Europe?
>
> Yes, please do.
>
> And while you're at it, indicate whether you would be willing to
> spend those days (before or after XML Europe) in Oslo rather than
> the Netherlands. Ontopia would be happy to host the meeting and
> to donate whatever we save on accomodation costs to covering
> other costs for the meeting.

Actually started to suggest Oslo in my original post (as opposed to
somewhere else in the Netherlands) but did not want to presume on your
hospitality.

Post-XML Europe and in Oslo works for me. Through the weekend as well so
Kal won't lose too many billable hours. Although I have heard there are
people who generate those over the weekend as well. :-)

<snip>

> | Appreciate your consideration of my schedule in terms of the RM
> | discussion but would note that the US national body is not interested
> | solely in the RM part of the topic maps specification.
>
> And I appreciate that. But you personally have played such an
> important role in the RM discussions over the last year that I
> would be especially loath to be without you when it is discussed
> at the next meeting.

Appreciate your assistance on making it possible for me to be present
for the RM dicussions. My problem is that so few (numbers 1 at present)
people have Bible and markup related meetings that planners rarely
coordinate them. ;-) For example, the SBL International meeting this
summer will be in Netherlands and I will be flying directly to Montreal
to make the Extreme Conference. (SBL conference ends on 28th of July.)

BTW, I like Kal's suggestions in general but don't have anything
specific to suggest. The directives do encourage that sort of thing,
teleconferences, etc., so it might be a fruitful avenue to consider.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau