[sc34wg3] ANN: TMAPI 1.0 alpha release

Kal Ahmed sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:51:29 +0100

Hi all,

TMAPI is a proposed common programming interface for topic map
processors. The goal of TMAPI is to allow developers to learn and use
just one programming API for work with any topic map processing engine -
improving code portability and reducing learning curve. TMAPI is public
domain software free from any restriction on its use.

After a long hiatus, work on TMAPI has finally progressed to our first
major public release. This is the 1.0 alpha release which is now
available for download from our SourceForge project page [1]. We welcome
review and feedback from any interested party. Please note that TMAPI
*is not* a complete topic map processor - it is an interface
specification. Also, please be aware that we have not yet created
documentation beyond the UML and the (reasonably well documented)
Javadoc - this is planned to be part of the beta release in two or three
weeks time.

Cheers,

Kal

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/tmapi/