[sc34wg3] So long and thanks for all the vizz

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:25:17 +0200

Since it has some relevance to the work of WG3, I would like
to inform the group that as of today Graham Moore no longer
works for Ontopia. His former employer, Empolis, made him an
offer he couldn't refuse and he has decided to leave the
frozen North for the sunnier climes of Swindon!

We are sorry to see Graham go but for SC34 this is good news,
since it means that Graham will now be able to contribute more
actively through the UK National Body. It also reduces the
overrepresentation of Ontopia in the work of WG3 (an
unfortunate situation that came about as a result of Graham
joining us a year ago).

I take this opportunity to thank Graham for his excellent
contributions to our work and discussions over the last 12
months, especially on the BrainBank project and Ontopia's new
graphical visualization tool. Looking back, I am impressed by
the number of cool things we have done together, at least one
of which -- TMRAP (Topic Maps Remote Access Protocol) -- will
be of lasting value to the Topic Maps community as a whole.

On behalf of all Ontopians, I wish Graham luck in his future
endeavours and look forward to continued collaboration within
SC34 and elsewhere.

Best regards,

Steve

--