[sc34wg3] FW: Proposal for Starter Content

Murray Altheim sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:59:08 +0100

Robert Barta wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 04:18:50PM +0100, Murray Altheim wrote:
[...]
>>I'm actually only interested in the taxonomic structure of ISO 15926 at this
>>point anyway, so it suits my purposes. The only thing I'd probably want that
>>I'm *guessing* you might not have done, is to have the topics' subject
>>identity pointing at the original web pages (as documentation).
>
> Right. I'll put that onto my todo list. (Allow for some delay as I am
> distracted by this daytime job I have :-)

Despite the fact that when I crack the whip people usually get moving, :-)
I was actually commenting as much on the fact that we don't yet *have* a
stable set of URLs to use as subject identifiers.

The only problems I had with the file was the bogus 'xlink:href' attribute
on <topicMap>, and the lack of topics for the "#xtm-psi-*" references. I
added those and the thing popped up just fine in Ceryle. Here's a screen
shot:

     http://www.altheim.com/ceryle/img/iso15926-1.png   (big image warning)

Murray

Murray Altheim                         http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK                    .

   The Office of Special Plans (OSP) was set up by the defence secretary,
   Donald Rumsfeld, to second-guess CIA information and operated under
   the patronage of hardline conservatives in the top rungs of the admini-
   stration, the Pentagon and at the White House, including Vice-President
   Dick Cheney. The ideologically driven network functioned like a shadow
   government, much of it off the official payroll and beyond congressional
   oversight. [...It] also forged close ties to a parallel, ad hoc intelli-
   gence operation inside Ariel Sharon's office in Israel specifically to
   bypass Mossad and provide the Bush administration with more alarmist
   reports on Saddam's Iraq than Mossad was prepared to authorise.
   http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,999737,00.html

   (my longest .sig!)