[sc34wg3] Heads-up

13 Oct 2003 20:05:05 +0200

I guess people are wondering whether there's any progress at all on
the ISO work I'm supposed to be doing. This is just a heads-up to let
people know that

 - the new TMQL requirements should be ready before too long, at most
   a couple of weeks. Robert and I will then send them to Jim for
   publication.

 - the TMQL use cases collection is now coming together, but will
   almost certainly lag a little behind the requirements, since it's
   more work. We'll be doing the same with that.

 - the TMDM committee draft is coming along, but it's hard work to set
   up an infrastructure for it (schema, XSLT, etc), update the
   document to that, and finally apply all the edits we're supposed to
   make. I'm currently using Emacs, nxml, and an extended version of
   James Clark's is.rnc, but have to write my own XSLT stylesheet, so
   progress is slow. There *is* progress, though.

Sorry about this, but I hope it's at least comforting to know that I
*am* slogging on.