[sc34wg3] Return to DM Conformance

25 Nov 2003 23:45:38 +0100

* Patrick Durusau

| When I am in a topic maps standard, I think it should be indicated
| in some manner that another other standard is being relied
| upon/conformed to/etc. in the one that I am reading.

That I certainly agree with, and that's also required by the ISO
directives. This is what the "Normative References" element is for.

| Without going further, does that help distinguish the cases we are
| talking about?

Not really. I'm not sure there is a difference between your first and
second case. I think XTM, TMCL, and TMQL all relate to TMDM in the
same way.

Or did you mean that while there may be no practical difference there
is a formal difference since XTM belongs to 13250, while TMCL and TMQL
do not? If that's your point I'm with you.

I think the solution chosen for 8879 with regards to clauses 5 and 6
is what we want in both cases, regardless of whether they are the same
or different.