[sc34wg3] Interpretation of topic map interchange syntaxes: was Re: [sc34wg3] DM conformance

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 05:04:48 -0500

Lars,

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> * Patrick Durusau

<snip>

> | [re clause 1 of ISO 13250-2]
> |
> | Do we really want to say: "define the interpretation of the topic
> | map interchange syntaxes..."?
> |
> | Seems to me that 13250-2 defines the interpretation of topic map
> | interchange syntaxes and standards for canonicalization, querying,
> | constraints, etc., that rely upon the data model.
>
> What other syntaxes and standards could there be?

<snip>

> | If topic maps become as successful as we all want, I don't think the
> | interchange, querying and constraint languages of 13250 will be the
> | only ones in existence.
>
> We've already passed that point.

That seems to settle the question of the data model defining "the
interpretation of topic map interchange syntaxes..." doesn't it?

Why have the data model claim something that we know in fact and agreed
upon is not true?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--