[sc34wg3] Almost arbitrary markup in resourceData

Kal Ahmed sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
11 Nov 2003 09:32:55 +0000

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 08:42, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> What the standard will say very clearly is that XTM processors are
> expected to take this additional markup and store it, without making
> any attempt to interpret it in any way. It just goes into the data
> model instance that is built, and is stored there. The only difference
> between
>
>   <resourceData>XTM is <em>really</em> cool.</resourceData>
>
> and
>
>   <resourceData><![CDATA[XTM is <em>really</em> cool.]]></resourceData>
>
> will be that in the first case the processor will *know* that it's
> dealing with XTM, and thus can support transformations of it at
> publishing time, queries on it, and so on.

I think you mean that the processor will *know* that it is dealing with
XML in the first example - Its dealing with XTM in both examples.

Also your first example has an <em> element in the XTM namespace, which
is probably not what you meant...right ?

--
Kal Ahmed, Techquila
Standards-based Information Management