[sc34wg3] Strawman draft of ISO 13250-1

05 Nov 2003 20:42:39 +0100

* Steve Pepper

| Please read the Editors' Note at the beginning of the document *very
| carefully* before looking at the rest of the document!
|
| It explains why we regard this draft as a strawman and what issues
| we would like National Bodies to consider before the Philadelphia
| meeting.

I'd like to repeat this, since it seems that nobody's understood what
Steve meant. What is being sought is *not* comments on the substance
of the document, because that is intended to be pure duplication of
what's in TMDM anyway.

What *is* being sought is comments on this particular editorial
solution. That is, what do we want part 1 to do, and what do we want
part 2 to do? Should we define "subject" in part 1 or in part 2, or
(heaven forbid) both? Should part 1 just be a guide to 13250? Should
it also include a topic map tutorial? Should that tutorial be
normative?

If you want to comment on the substance, please read TMDM and comment
on that.