[sc34wg3] Re: [tmcl-wg] Type versus Class: settled yet?

Mary Nishikawa sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:20:25 +0900

>* Mary Nishikawa
>|
>| Actually, I think we still need to come to grips with these. In
>| Barcelona, we decided to replace the term "class" with "type."

*Lars Marius Garshol
>So we did. This was issue 'type-vs-class'.
>
>I think what we should do is go with the Barcelona decision: we call
>it type, and that's that. SAM has a simple definition of that notion
>and I'm not sure we need to do anything more than that.

OK,

I seem to be alone in being really fussy about this one so I concede :)

If there are no objections, gavel going down, I am changing the wording of
all instances of "class" to "type" in the tmcl requirements draft for
consistency with SAM.

Cheers,
Mary
.