[sc34wg3] WG3 agenda for London meeting

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:01:50 +0100

Michel,

I am sympathetic to your desire for less meeting time, but I don't
think it can be accomplished this time around. If we had fewer work
items, with fewer interdepencies; if we had more people; if we had
accomplished more during email discussions: then, yes, it might have
been possible.

As it is I intend to stick to the resolution made in Baltimore to
have four days of meetings and I am trying to arrange an agenda
for those days according to the requests I have received from
individuals.

However, I appreciate that not everyone will be able to attend all
four days and your email makes me realise that there is one thing
missing: A plenary session for the WG at which we prepare and
approve all recommendations that we intend to put before the SC34
closing plenary. (I don't want a repeat of the Baltimore circus.)

I think we need to set aside time on Monday afternoon for this.
I propose two alternatives

     (A) 4pm-6pm
         This has the disadvantage that we have to cut short the
         TMQL workshop.

     (B) 6pm-8pm

Please everybody - vote for the time that suits you best as soon
as possible.

Thanks.

--
Steve Pepper, Ontopian