[sc34wg3] WG3 agenda for London meeting

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:06:23 +0100

I'm putting together the agenda for the London meeting, attempting to
accomodate various requests I have received, and would like feedback
as soon as possible if any of the following presents problems for
anyone.

In Baltimore we agreed to four days of meetings, from Friday May 2nd
to Monday May 5th. I know some people object to spending so much time,
but we have such a lot to get through that I don't see any reasonable
alternative to following the decision taken at the last meeting. The
discussions on the mailing list, while very useful, have not resulted
in the kind of substantive progress and consensus that would allow us
to use the F2F for simply approving decisions taken by email.

I have therefore set up the following provisional agenda, which will
be sent to ISO in the next day or so unless I hear major objections.

Friday May 2nd
--------------
AM
   Welcome and Approval of Agenda
   Roadmap and Timetable of Work
    - general discussion
PM
   XTM (syntax and deserialization specifications)
   HyTM (syntax and deserialization specifications) [Martin's request]
   SAM issues (if time remains)

Saturday May 3rd
----------------
AM
   SC34 Plenary
   TMCL - requirements                              [Mary's request]
PM
   RM session - introduction and discussion         [Patrick's request]

Sunday May 4th
--------------
AM
   SAM - remaining issues
PM
   Canonicalization syntax and conformance

Monday May 5th
All day
   TMQL workshop - requirements, presentation of proposals, discussion

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)