[sc34wg3] Use cases for occurrence variants

07 Mar 2003 08:32:12 +0100

* Nikita Ogievetsky

| 1) Remove <variantName> wrapper:
| neither <occurrence> nor <baseName> or association <member> have any
| wrappers for terminal elements and locators.

Great minds think alike, apparently:

| 2) Remove syntactic sugar of <variant> nesting.

This isn't so important, I think. It's complicated in the syntax, but
the model does not have this nesting, and the model is where the
complexity counts. (Not that I would mind removing it.)

| 3)
| And the last thing ... may be rename <parameters> into <scope>
| although they are assumed to carry different semantics...

Been there:

Comments, anyone?