[sc34wg3] What do we mean by reification?

05 Mar 2003 16:09:11 +0100

* Jan Algermissen

| Well, maybe I misinterpreted what Steve tried to say, possibly
| because of the confusion about the different usages of the term
| 'reifies'.

Well, that confusion should be cleared up now. We know what RM means
by it, and we know what SAM means by it.

| I think I was mostly irritated by the ongoing tendency to *compare*
| the SAM and the RM whereas they are entirely different in nature.

They're supposed to become parts of the same ISO standard, so their
terminologies had better match up. We still have to do a bit of work
to align the RM glossary with that of SAM. If you don't like that the
only solution is to move the RM out of 13250.