[sc34wg3] CXTM Draft Requirements available for review

22 Jul 2003 13:07:37 +0200

* Kal Ahmed
|=20
| As a point of order, is the version now on the website considered to
| be fixed? In other words can I make some of the editorial changes
| that I have been advised of or does that now have to wait for the
| end of the review period for this document ?

No, if you want to make changes that will be fine. Since we'll be
going through the document at the Montr=E9al meeting (see Steve's
posting) I think it would be best if you made the changes before that
meeting.=20

| [history]
|=20=20
| It might be edited ever so slightly :)=20

Oh. :)

| What I thought was important was to capture references to the ISO
| documents which preceeded this one.

Well, you should have those now, at least. :)
=20
* Lars Marius Garshol

| Re "suite of conformance tests", I guess it is appropriate to mention
| OASIS here and say that ISO does not intend to do this. I realize you
| say this later, but isn't this a better place to do it?

* Kal Ahmed

| Its probably enough to say what CXTM is intended to do. And not to
| cover what it is not intended to do (i.e. specify conformance test
| suites) here. In other words I think that defining what
| canonicalization is and the purpose of CXTM should replace that
| second paragraph entirely.

I buy that.
=20
| [3.2.2]
|
| The intention was that there should be some canonical ID for every
| object in the topic map. Perhaps this is actually not needed at all
| as long as there is a canonical sort order.

It is needed, because you need a canonical form for the <topicRef/>
elements, so this is a must-have. I suppose rewording the section
could make that clearer.
=20
| I do mean information item types. I believe that in terms of canonical
| output there does need to be such an ordering (all Topic information
| items are written before any Association information items). But as you
| point out, that can be accounted for by defining the canonical form of
| the TopicMap information item. So this requirement should probably be
| changed to that.

Agreed.
=20
| If you spend all your time in south-east Asia thinking about CXTM I
| shan't forgive you :)

I consider myself forgiven, then, not having given CXTM or even TMs so
much as a passing thought. :)

--=20