[sc34wg3] Subjects, role players, and user-defined association types

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:34:18 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Martin Bryan wrote:

> You got in early enough Sam ;-)

If I can just keep the geniuses from shooting themselves in the foot,
whether before or after putting that/a foot in their mouth, my life will
be complete ;-)

I have facets in my mental checklist, BTW. Not sure whether a separate
"model [sic]" is required or not. (I see an assertion type that is called
topic-facet, and the facet role player needs to be a name/value
pair. There is also an asertion type called facet-notation. But the devil
is in the details... THere's the constraint of "pair-ness" on the facet
role player, and the constraint of "notation-ness" on the notation
role-player, and I don't know how to exrepss either of those. I havne't
thought abnout it hard enoguh, I assume).

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

"Turn your searching experience into a finding experience."(tm)

Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.