[sc34wg3] Unique names in Draft Reference Model

Anthony B. Coates sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:15:45 GMT

** Reply to message from "Steven R. Newcomb" <srn@coolheads.com> on 01 Jan 2003
16:55:09 -0600

Dear Steve,

> I was only talking about the names of assertion types,
> the role types, and an approximately equally small
> number of properties, *as those names are declared in
> the definition of the TM Model*.  In order for topic
> map information to be interchangeable in accordance
> with some TM Model, everybody needs to agree about the
> names of those very few things.  Multiple namespaces
> are downright undesirable in this case.

Oops, yes, I agree you are completely right.  I was erroneously thinking at a
level above the metamodel (RM).

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/
FpML AWG Member (Financial Products Markup Language)
http://www.fpml.org/