[sc34wg3] RM: Comments on Topic Map Graphs

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:26:04 -0500 (EST)

> Yep. Did that sort of thing in 8879. Lots more licit than taking 27 words to
> say what can be said in two one-character table cells.

I didn't mean appropriate, I meant licit. (Obviously verbosity is licit in
standards as such, though it is common practice to avoid it in sc34 ;-)

IOW, a table without any explanatory text is allowed by ISO style, and
would be considered normative and not merely illustrative.

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

Co-Editor, ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps

Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.