[sc34wg3] New SAM PSIs

25 Feb 2003 09:30:37 +0100

* dmitryv@cogeco.ca

| More precisely, I think that:
|
| It is possible to create different models explaining "class-subclass","
| instance-class" relationships.

I agree. RDF Schema initially chose the model you've called M0, for
example. This was later changed to M1, at the insistence of the
DAML+OIL people.

| Question that I have: Do we want to discuss M0 if we know that SAM
| is based on M1?

This issue is really about whether we should choose M0 or M1. So far
I've preferred M1 on the basis that this gives better interoperability
with RDF, but the reason I created a formal SAM issue for this was
that I wanted more feedback from the community. So if anyone has
opinions on whether M0 or M1 is preferrable, please do let me know.
(Bernard? You there? Ann?)