[sc34wg3] occurrence - basename fuzzy border

24 Feb 2003 23:30:04 +0100

* Lars Marius Garshol

| I've tried several times to have a principled debate on this within
| the committee, but have invariably found myself to be the only
| person interested in the subject, so I've just muddled on as best I
| could.

* Steve Pepper

| I don't understand this statement. Did we not, in Baltimore, discuss
| and settle this very matter?

We discussed a small part of the issues, yes. We never sat down to
create proper requirements documents for the RM, SAM, XTM, HyTM, and
Canonical XTM, however. I've been crying out for that since mid-2001
and never got it.

The Baltimore discussion was better than nothing, but certainly no
substitute.

| I interpreted this to be a very clear statement that we would *not*
| be adding new features.

Sure. And if you considered yourself bound by that statement would you
not have shot down the occurrence variant proposal based on that
immediately?