[sc34wg3] HyTM deserialization specification

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:06:48 +0100

At 09:11 12.02.2003 +0000, Martin Bryan wrote:
> > Martin: Do you think you can have a first draft of (4) "HyTM syntax and
> > deserialization" ready by then?
>
>If I can get clear of the DSDL work I'll try to draft something in time,
>even if it is only a listing of the current HyTime structures with minimal
>text.

Lars Marius and Graham can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the
most important piece of work, from the point of view of being able
to finalize the SAM, is the first draft of the HyTM deserialization
specification, i.e. the part that corresponds to section 3 in N328
(and its successors):

    http://www.isotopicmaps.org/sam/sam-xtm/#sect-deserialization

This essentially consists of a set of subsections, one for each element
type in the HyTM meta-DTD, explaining what SAM information items and
properties elements of each type give rise to. This is important
because it will reveal any inconsistencies or lacunae in the SAM.

Since the SAM is now in such an advanced state, it is important that
those things be brought to light as soon as possible.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)