Is subclassing "strict order" or is it reflexive? RE: [sc34wg3] New SAM PSIs

Ann Wrightson sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:51:26 -0000

IMO there is enough diversity in philosophies of logic to support almost
any position we care to take on this one - so the deciding criterion
should be *what we want topic maps to do* :)

Cheers

Ann W.

My ha'pennyworth of references:=20

Haack: Philosophy of Logics (Cambridge UP 1978)

Stewart & Mickunas: Exploring Phenomenology (Ohio UP 1990)

Sanford: If P, then Q: Conditionals and the Foundations of Reasoning
(Routledge 1992)

Gabbay: Labelled Deductive Systems (Oxford UP 1996) (knocks Sowa into a
cocked hat, IMO)