[sc34wg3] TMQL and update/add/delete/roll-back

21 Dec 2003 18:06:36 +0100

* Patrick Durusau

| Still owe you some bibliographic material on query languages. Hope
| to reach that during the holidays.

That would be welcome. We have a lot of work ahead of us on the QL.

| The other reason for the question was my curiousity about how the
| basic query language might have an impact on the issues that will be
| reached in ISO 18048-2. Nothing well formed (or even half formed)
| yet but a suspicion that choices in the basic query language are
| going to have a significant impact on what is necessary for part 2.

It's clear that there is a strong dependency on part 1 from part 2,
and that what we do in part 1 will largely determine what will happen
in part 2. So the need to support part 2 will have to be in the back
of our minds all the time. We don't need use cases to remind us of
that, though.