[sc34wg3] TMQL and update/add/delete/roll-back

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 06:33:10 -0500

Greetings,

Managed to get a break from the frantic preparations for the Christmas
holidays (well, actually it is too early for anyone else to be up and I
am hiding in my office) to look at TMQL!

As I read the latest use cases document (N449?), there was no treatment
of update/add/delete/roll-back operations on topic maps.*

Am I misreading the requirements/use cases or is the current thinking
these operations fall elsewhere?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

* I noted in N449 the "add":

>  Automatically add for every such document an association of type is-published-by where the document plays the role document and the topic prints-are-us plays the publisher. I

but that was in the context of returning a topic map as a query result.
What I am looking for are the listed operations on an extant topic map.

N249 mentions every so briefly: 2.6:

> 6.      The TMQL standard shall be defined in two parts, first one with querying only, then one adding support for modifications.

but then never returns to the second part, "one adding support for
modifications."

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development