[sc34wg3] Comments on CXTM (N0454)

Kal Ahmed sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:33:55 +0000

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

>* Kal Ahmed
>|
>| [publication date for CD]
>|
>| Hopefully v. soon - I would like us to be able to review
>| implementations and implementation issues at XML Europe, so that
>| means that the CD should be available to implementers early next
>| year.
>
>I know this is a lot to ask, but if you could publish it this year
>some of the implementers might be able to use the Christmas holidays
>to do their implementations, whereas if you wait they might be too
>busy with paid stuf...
>
>Just a suggestion.

I was hoping to use the Christmas holidays to do the CD...I'll see what
I can do, but I'm very busy between now and Christmas, so I won't
promise anything.

>| OK. There is the issue that Martin has raised about referring to the
>| ISO standards where possible which I think is a convincing argument
>| for keeping the reference to 10646. Is there a 10646 concept that
>| matches the Unicode scalar value concept ?
>
>See my reply to Martin.
>
>| (I guess I could go check for myself, but its probably easier to
>| ask...)
>
>Certainly cheaper... :-(

Indeeed - its probably worth making contact with the 10646 folks for
this. We can always take a position in the CD and I'm sure that we will
here if that position is considered to be wrong....

Cheers,

Kal